Church of St. Richard
of Chichester
Barnesville, PA

Diocese of Allentown


Diocesan Victim Assistance  Coordinator::

Ms. Wendy S. Krisak, M.A.,NCC, LPC– Direct Phone: 800-791-9209

Diocesan Safe Environment Coordinator :

Sister Meg Cole, S.S.J., M.S., LMFT - Phone: 610-332-0442, Ext. 2019

The Diocese of Allentown provides assistance to anyone who, as a minor, was sexually abused by a priest, deacon, or employee/volunteer of the Diocese/Parish. Parents, guardians, children, and survivors of sexual abuse are invited & encouraged to contact the Diocese of Allentown for more info about this program. The fullness of compassion should be extended to these victims by the Church. To lean more about the Diocese of Allentown’s Youth Protection 

Programs, Sexual Abuse Policy, & Code of Conduct, please visit & click on “Youth 

Protection” in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Mass Schedule



Mondays @ 8:00 am

Tuesdays @ 8:00 am

Wednesdays @ 8:00 am

Thursdays @ 6:00 pm

Fridays  @ 8:00 am


Saturday @ 4:00 pm

Sunday @ 8:30 am and 10:30 am


Saturdays @ 3:30 pm  

Holiday Mass Schedule


Sacrament of Reconciliation

Saturdays @ 3:30 pm or call the Rectory to schedule an appointment.

Sacrament of Baptism

Prospective parents are expected to attend an instruction session. Please call the parish office to make arrangements and schedule an appointment.

Sacrament of Marriage

Arrangements should be made one year in advance to schedule and plan your wedding.  Please call the parish office to make an appointment.

About Saint Richard

 Saint Richard of Chichester was born in 1197 in a little town a few miles from Worcester, England. He and his elder brother were left orphans while still young and his brother was imprisoned as a result of their property’s unpaid debts. Richard gave up the studies which more 

Parish History


 St. Richard's Parish was established in 1946 as the Mission Church by Father Joseph McCaffrey of St. Canicus, Mahanoy City, PA.  Services were held in Ryan Twp Fire Company, Lakewood ballroom and the Lakewood Tennis club building.  In October 1950 Cardinal Dougherty established the Mission as a full-fledged parish under the direction of Fr. Edwin more. 

Photo Gallery

Calendar of Events