Parish Office Hours:
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
9:00 am - 12:00 noon
Daily Mass Schedule:
NO DAILY MASS,
Eucharistic Adoration & Weekday Confession
Monday, October 18th - Friday, October 22nd.
This INCLUDES St. John XXIII (Tamaqua)
Saturday Evening Vigil @ 5:30 pm
Sunday @ 10:30 am
Updated Covid Guidelines:
Effective Immediately (July 1st, 2021)
As we begin this new month of July, all liturgical restrictions that were remaining as of Pentecost Sunday are lifted effective immediately, with the exception of the distribution of the Precious Blood to the faithful and the exchange of the Sign of Peace.
These two normal flu season precautions will remain in place for the coming months.
No one is required to wear a facemask on diocesan property. Those who wish to continue to wear one are free to do so as well.
The Diocese will continue to update on matters of this nature as information is available.
1. No one is required to wear a facemask on diocesan property. Those who wish to continue to wear one are free to do so as well.
2. NO CAPACITY LIMITATIONS will be required in parishes and institutions within the geographical territory of the Diocese of Allentown.
3. Weekday Mass and Sunday Mass attendees may enter and exit the church using both the ramp and front doors 30 minutes before the scheduled Mass.
4. The Distribution of Holy Communion is to return to the proper place in the liturgy in the Church only. It is no longer permitted to distribute after Mass.
5. Holy Water: All fonts and stoops will return to being filled.
6. Votive Candles: Parishioners may now light votive candles. Please hand sanitize before and after lighting the candles.
7. Altar servers, Lectors, and Extraordinary Eucharistic Ministers are permitted.
8. The Exchange of the Sign of Peace is not permitted.
Diocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator::
Ms. Wendy S. Krisak, M.A.,NCC, LPC– Direct Phone: 800-791-9209
Diocesan Secretary for Youth Protection & Catholic Human Services
Pamela Russo, MSW, MS - Phone: 610-871-5200 Ext. 2204
The Diocese of Allentown provides assistance to anyone who, as a minor, was sexually abused by a priest, deacon, or employee/volunteer of the Diocese/Parish. Parents, guardians, children, and survivors of sexual abuse are invited & encouraged to contact the Diocese of Allentown for more info about this program. The fullness of compassion should be extended to these victims by the Church. To lean more about the Diocese of Allentown’s Youth Protection
Programs, Sexual Abuse Policy, & Code of Conduct, please visit www.allentowndiocese.org & click on “Youth
Protection” in the upper right hand corner of the page.
Baptisms are usually celebrated on a Sunday afternoon. Parents need to be registered parishioners and attend a Baptismal Preparation Class. At least one Godparent must be a practicing Catholic for a valid reception of Baptism and also obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from
Arrangements should be made at least 6 months prior to the proposed wedding date to begin pre-nuptial instructions. Please call the parish office for more information and schedule an appointment with the Pastor.
Saturdays @ 4:45-5:15 pm or call the rectory to schedule an appointment.
Certificates of Eligibility for Baptism and Confirmation require the sponsor to be a registered & active member of the parish, and if married, in a valid marriage recognized by the Catholic Church.
Please call the parish office for additional information.
Saint Richard of Chichester was born in 1197 in a little town a few miles from Worcester, England. He and his elder brother were left orphans while still young and his brother was imprisoned as a result of their property’s unpaid debts. Richard gave up the studies which ...read more
St. Richard's Parish was established in 1946 as the Mission Church by Father Joseph McCaffrey of St. Canicus, Mahanoy City, PA. Services were held in Ryan Twp Fire Company, Lakewood ballroom and the Lakewood Tennis club building. In October 1950 Cardinal Dougherty established the Mission as a full-fledged parish under the direction of Fr. Edwin Horn...read more.
Copyright © 2017 St Richard Church - Barnesville, PA - All Rights Reserved.